Before starting any chainsaw, it is important to read the operator’s manual. You should also review basic safety procedures, including how to properly hold and operate the chainsaw.
In addition, it is always a good idea to wear protective clothing, including gloves, safety glasses, and hearing protection.
Should You Drop Start A Chainsaw
There are a few different schools of thought on this one. Some people believe that you should never drop start a chainsaw because it’s too dangerous. Others believe that it’s perfectly fine to do as long as you’re careful and know what you’re doing.
The truth is, there is potential for danger when drop starting a chainsaw. If the bar gets tipped towards your left leg, there’s a chance you could get seriously injured.
As long as you’re careful and follow the manufacturer’s instructions, drop-starting a chainsaw shouldn’t be a problem.
[Related Article: Do They Make A Left-Handed Chainsaw]
How To Start A Chainsaw Properly
Chainsaws are a powerful tool that can be used for a variety of tasks, from cutting down trees to trimming branches. But before you can use a chainsaw, you need to know how to start it properly. Here are some tips on how to start a chainsaw:
1. Read the manual. This may seem like an obvious step, but it’s important to read the manual before starting any new piece of equipment. The manual will provide you with important information on how to operate the chainsaw safely and correctly.
2. Inspect the saw. Before starting the chainsaw, take a moment to inspect it and make sure that everything is in good working order. Check the chain tension, fuel level, oil level, and other important parts of the saw.
3. Clear the area. Make sure that there is nothing in the way that could interfere with your work or cause the saw to kick back. You should also wear proper safety gear, such as gloves, goggles, and ear protection.
4. Start the saw. Once you’ve checked the saw and cleared the area, you’re ready to start it up. Follow the instructions in your manual on how to start the saw properly.
5. Get to work! Once the saw is started, you can begin your project. Remember to stay focused and use caution while operating the chainsaw.
While drop starting a chainsaw may be easy, it is not advised. There have been accidents which caused the manufacturers to advise against drop starting. The bar usually gets tipped towards the left leg and the potential is there to have your leg cut when the saw starts.